EUSEM supports World Restart a Heart day (WRAH)
On 16 October 2018, we will be celebrating the first ever World Restart a Heart (WRAH) initiative with events all around the world taking place on or around that date.
To do this, we are using ‘World Restart a Heart’ to increase awareness and encourage training, particularly of school children. This initiative is a development of the already successful ‘European Restart a Heart’ initiative that has run over the last few years.
Principles of WRAH
The following overarching principles of ILCOR WRAH have been agreed:
1) WRAH Day will occur every year on 16 October, commencing in 2018.
2) ILCOR will share resources and enthuse and motivate regional resuscitation councils. Involvement with WRAH will be voluntary for national resuscitation councils (NRCs), and they will be encouraged to develop their own strategies that fit their own countries.
3) It is not essential that all activity has to take place on one particular day (i.e., 16 October) but that it is done as close to that day as possible. It is important that a specific day is kept for the majority of the activity – and we would hope that most people do training on this day – particularly for media activity.
4) We will not limit WRAH activity to school children, although if countries wish to prioritise the training of children then we have many resources to share with them to enable this to happen.
5) We will have a media strategy for WRAH. On this page are examples of good practice from previous years and downloads of materials. This includes media packs, sample letters to schools etc., and all these will be shared.