Recently EUSEM launched the Research Network under the inspiring leadership of Said Laribi, the immediate past-chair of EUSEMS Research Committee.
The research network will allow:
- Building large scale descriptive data on Emergency Medicine in Europe.
- Developing common research methodology among participating countries.
- Improve knowledge in EM through international comparisons.
- Improve EUSEM visibility among scientific societies.
- Perform descriptive EM research projects in Europe.
- Perform clinical trials related to Emergency Medicine.
- Establish partnerships with other international EM networks with the aim of developing global research.
- Carry out scientific research training regarding Emergency Medicine.
- Promote student and researcher exchange.
- Apply for European research grants.
- Each country affiliated to EUSEM will have one representative, the country PI, in the Research Network Steering Committee (SC).
- SC will be responsible for planning research activities in relation with the EUSEM research committee.
- SC will bring junior scientists into the decision-making process.
- SC members will be responsible for recruiting 3-5 sites per country into the network.
- Will be in charge of recruiting and coordinating 3 to 5 EM sites in his/her country.
- Will be in charge of all ethical and regulatory procedures regarding the research project in his/her country.
- Will be the contact for his/her country with the Research Network Lead for all aspects of the Research Network.
- Will be included as an author in publications.
- Will have to apply for the position as a country PI, this application needs to be approved.
Local site PI
- Will be in charge of all ethical and regulatory procedures regarding the research projects in his/her hospital.
- Recruit patients on a voluntary basis.
- Fill in the anonymized electronic Case Report Form (CRF).
- Local PI will be cited in the EUSEM Research Network study group in all publications using their data.
Research Network Lead
- Coordinating all activities of the research network, in collaboration with the SC members, the Research committee and the EUSEM office.
- Building research projects with the SC members
- Building the Electronic Case Report form.
- Evaluate the quality of data
- Have statistics done
- Coordinate the publication plan of the different projects
One project per year.