The regulations provide the formal framework whereby the examination will be conducted. All potential candidates should read the regulations carefully before applying. You can read the regulations here
On a regular basis QA processes are undertaken for the EBEEM exam to assure that all results have been properly administered.
Thanks to the regular QA process, candidates should be reassured by this transparent process.
Post-nominal usage regulations
Fellow of the European Board of Emergency Medicine (FEBEM)
The title Fellow of the European Board of Emergency Medicine (FEBEM) will be awarded to individuals who have met the following criteria:
- Successful completion of Parts A and B of the European Board Examination for Emergency Medicine (EBEEM) and
- Completion of specialist training in Emergency Medicine in a European country that recognises Emergency Medicine as a primary specialty and is a Full Member of the UEMS (European Union of Medical Specialists).
Please find the list of countries with specialist training and how many years and the list of UEMS members
All of the above criteria must be met in order for a candidate to use the post nominals: FEBEM
European Board Certified in Emergency Medicine (EBCEM)
If the criteria for FEBEM are not met in full, the title European Board Certified in Emergency Medicine (EBCEM) will be awarded to individuals who have met the following criteria:
- Successful completion of Parts A and B of the European Board Examination for Emergency Medicine (EBEEM).
Candidates who meet the above criteria may use the post nominals: EBCEM
Official authentication of UEMS diploma
In order for a UEMS diploma to be officially authenticated in countries requiring such procedure, it must be signed by the legal representative of a Belgian legal entity, whose signature can be authenticated by a Belgian Civil Officer. In this regard, we liaised with the notary of the UEMS, who has accepted to validate the signature of a legal representative of the UEMS.
In the past years, diplomas were signed by UEMS Secretary General, Prof. Vassilios Papalois. This year, the UEMS Executive commissioned Dr Bernard Maillet, UEMS treasurer, for this procedure.
If applicants are interested, here is the procedure to follow:
- The applicant sends the following documents to the UEMS Office (Ms Marianne Chagnon, Rue de l’Industrie 24, 1040 Brussels, BELGIUM):
- The original UEMS diploma (please note that only diplomas issued by UEMS can be authenticated)
- A copy of the UEMS diploma
- A copy of a valid ID or passport
- The UEMS Office will then contact the organizers of the examination to confirm that the applicant has indeed passed the exam.
- The UEMS Office will organize a meeting with the Notary to have the confirmed Diplomas signed.
- The UEMS Office will then send back the original diplomas to the applicants or to someone duly mandated.
The administrative fee for this procedure is 110€. The sending costs of returning diplomas is also at the candidate’s charge. Please indicate in your mail whether you would like your diploma to be sent back to you by regular mail (up to 10€) or by courier (60€).
Once the Diploma is signed, we will issue an invoice and ask you to pay by bank transfer. Once the payment is received, we will return the document back to you.
We kindly ask you to inform any fellows who would be interested in getting their diplomas authenticated.
Please note that this is not the legalization of the diploma but a certification of authenticity. Indeed, the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs no longer legalizes UEMS diplomas because they are not delivered by a Belgian institution. The meeting with the Notary is an authentication that the diploma has been signed by a UEMS Representative and a confirmation that the document is officially genuine.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting the application I acknowledge and agree that:
- I must pay the full application fee for each sitting I attempt
- I may withdraw from the examination no less than 8 weeks prior to the date. I understand that if I withdraw less than 8 weeks prior to the exam date, I will not be entitled to a seat transfer, unless evidence for serious illness is provided. The seat transfer is only valid for the next exam seating and is not refunded.
- I understand that if my seat is transferred to another date, that I am responsible for paying the difference in fee if there is an increase. The 100 € pre-registration fee has to be paid at each re-sit and it's not refundable.
- I understand that if the examination is cancelled for national security reasons, that neither EBEEM nor EUSEM nor the UEMS Section for Emergency Medicine is responsible for loss or costs incurred.
- I need A PC or Macintosh. With operating system Windows 10 for PC and for MAcOS 10.13-16 with a strong and stable internet connection, integrated or separate webcam, microphone and speakers and a continuous power supply.
- I am aware that I will be monitored remotely to detect any suspicious behaviour by Artificial Intelligence.
- I am aware that besides the exam application software, no other websites / internet resources / search engines / apps / programmes / books / paper documents maybe used or be open.
- I am aware that I am not allowed to take screenshots or do any video recording of any portion of the exam.
- I am aware that no toilet breaks are allowed except during the 5-minute breaks between exam segments.
- I am aware that if I cannot provide the appropriate resources / computer I will not be permitted to take the examination.