Terms of Reference
The EUSEM Ultrasound Section will work with and under the direction of the EUSEM Executive in achieving the overall aims and objectives of the society.
Role of the Section
The section aims to be truly representative of the scope of Emergency Medicine and more specifically Emergency Ultrasound as practiced in the European Emergency Medicine Community.
All EUSEM members are welcome to become part of the Section.
Over the next two years the Section’s remit will be to:
1) Develop a European Curriculum for Emergency Ultrasound
2) Provide a forum for discussion of Emergency Ultrasound in Europe
3) Develop and deliver a specific Basic EUSEM Ultrasound Course
4) Develop specific shorter courses that are of value in EM
5) Develop a Finishing School
6) Increase links with all groups involved in Emergency Ultrasound with the ultimate vision of achieving a unified international training process.
7) Develop Ultrasound-based material for the European Exam
8) Assist in the development of US training in countries that as yet do not have structures in place to deliver such training
9) Promote and co-ordinate research throughout Europe in Emergency Ultrasound
The Ultrasound Section will work within the regulations and byelaws of EUSEM. It will send an annual report to the EUSEM Council as well as a plan of activity for the following year.
Membership of Section
All members of the Section must be current EUSEM members and annually renew their membership while being a member of the US Section.
In order to represent European Emergency Medicine, the Section will have at least one person from each country that is allied to EUSEM.
All members of the Ultrasound Section will have voting rights in electing a smaller Executive Group. The wider group will be involved in discussions and developments and be encouraged to contribute to all aspects of the areas they have experience in.
This group will consist of at least six members: Chair, Chair-Elect, Treasurer, Research Director, Educational Director and Secretary.
The President of EUSEM will be an ex-officio member.
This group, along with the Chair, will be subject to re-election every three years.
Atelsski, Zeki (Curriculum)
Cibinel, Gian (Co-Chair)
Connolly, Jim (Chair)
Girisgin, Sadik (Research)
Hariri, Hani (Curriculum)
Hogan, Barbara (Ex-officio / EUSEM Past-President)
Overland, Nils Petter (Research)
Parri, Niccolò (Paediatrics)
Weerasinghe, Dr Asoka