Paediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) links the specialties of Paediatrics and Emergency Medicine. In Europe, PEM is still regarded as a new medical profession. The EUSEM PEM Section was established in October 2006 with the goal of encouraging physicians who are practicing Emergency Pediatrics to join EUSEM and to be involved in its clinical, educational and research activities.
To promote and facilitate the dissemination of knowledge and quality of care in PEM in Europe through meetings, courses, research, publications, policy statements and by producing clinical guidelines and other activities.
- To advocate for children and emergency care.
- To promote international collaboration between physicians who practice PEM and the various European Paediatric Emergency societies.
- To enhance the relationship between adult and paediatric EM.
- To encourage physicians who practice PEM to participate in EUSEM activities.
- To be fully responsible for the academic programme of the paediatric sessions in the annual EUSEM meetings/congresses.
- To initiate educational activities in PEM through courses, projects and various clinical activities.
Improving emergency care for children through a high standard multi-national and multi-centre research.
- To conduct high-level paediatric emergency research in Europe by combining the efforts of individual institutions and to enhance the image of paediatric emergency medicine as a credible academic discipline with its own research agenda.
- To facilitate and promote research activities among the participating institutions and develop cohesiveness between centres involved in the practice of paediatric emergency medicine.
- To create a research infrastructure for paediatric emergency medicine on an international level in the participating countries.
If you want to be involved we recommend you to become a member.
For further information and to express interest in joining the PEM Section, please contact the Section Chair:
Dr Luigi Titomanlio