- Massimo Azzaretto (Italy)
- Luca Ragazzoni (Italy)
- Eric Weinstein (USA)
- Francesco Della Corte
- Jeffrey Franc
- Sofie Pauwels
- Eric Weinstein
- Evert Verhoeven
- Matteo Paganini
The course is designed for 30 participants.
Participants should each bring their own laptop.
Participants from various backgrounds and experience in mass casualty incident planning and response will collaborate similar to the constituents involved in the creation of an actual mass casualty incident response plan. The class will be divided into three committees to work together and collectively to produce a hazard vulnerability analysis, resource analysis and a mass casualty incident plan of a fictional country. Participants will receive lessons from experts, breakout sessions to guide each of the committees to work towards completion of their assignments, and a computer simulation to exercise their plan.
1. To identify and gather relevant constituents to research, create and implement a mass casualty incident response plan for a government or non-government organization.
2. To research, adapt and complete an appropriate hazard vulnerability analysis of risks facing a government or non-government organization.
3. To research necessary staff, stuff and structures already possessed by response agencies and to learn how to acquire or contract the remaining staff, stuff and structures to meet the demand of a mass casualty incident.
4. To collaborate with relevant constituents to research, create and implement effective and efficient exercises that stress the mass casualty incident response plan with critical review to then implement appropriate process and system improvement.
Saturday 12 October
|09:00-09:15||Intro to Riceland Game||L. Ragazzoni|
|09:45-10:15||Risk Assessment and Risk Management||M.Paganini|
Resource Analysis and Logistics
|11:30-12:00||Surge Capacity and Crisis Standard of Care||F. Della Corte|
|12:30-13:00||MCI Plan||L. Ragazzoni|
|14:00-14:15||Explanation interactive map||M.Paganini|
|14:15-14:30||Explanation Committee format||E. Weinstein, M. Azzaretto|
Breakout Committee establish structure
|15:00-16:30||Committees start work||All instructors|
Each Committee presents preliminary work
|17:30-18:00||Committees continue work||All instructors|
Sunday 13 October
Sofie Pauwels, Evert Verhoeven
|12:30-13:00||Final thoughts and wrap up||L. Ragazzoni, M. Azzaretto, E. Weinstein|