- Anne Laure Philippon (France)
- Pierluigi Ingrassia (Italy)
- Youri Yordanov (France)
- Abdo Khoury (France)
- Mohammed Mouhaoui (Morocco)
- Felix Lorang (Germany)
- Guillem Bouilleau (France)
The course is designed for 15 participants.
Course description & learning objectives
- To learn the basis on medical education, medical error and human factor.
- To get knowledge on Simulation in Healthcare: definition, tools, scenarios, briefing, debriefing.
- To learn the concept of Crisis Management (CRM) and team work and multi-disciplinary approach in Simulation.
- To practice Simulation by producing scenarios in small trainee groups.
Saturday 12 October
Welcome and Introduction
|09:30-10:10||What is simulation education? From standardized patient to high fidelity simulation. Crisis Resource Management
Objectives: Basis in medical education, medical error and human factor; simulation: definition, description of simulation tools. Intro to CRM
|10:10-10:30||Preparing and running a simulation and debriefing session: Key principles
Objectives: Scenarios, briefing, simulation session, debriefing, learning objectives
|11:00-11:30||Presentation of one patient simulator / Prebriefing
Objectives: Practical presentation of simulation room and principles to learners
|11:30-12:30||Scenario design and preparation
Objectives: Creation of two simulation scenario (one with manikin and one simulated patient)
|13:30-15:30||Hands on opportunity (1): Running and taking part in a scenario|
|16:00-16:45||Hands on opportunity (2): Running and taking part in a scenario|
|16:45-17:30||Q&A, discussion, workshop evaluation
Objectives: How to implement simulation in initial and continuous education