EUSEM is proud to announce a series of 3 live webinars to cover the emergency and prehospital phases of sepsis care. Each 2 hour webinar will consist of a series of short, focused, evidence based talks delivered by experts with in depth discussion by attendees and expert panel.
- In webinar 1 we will focus on Screening for sepsis in ED (Scoring…)
- Webinar 2 will explore the Sepsis patient management in ED (Care pathway, fluid management…)
- Finally in webinar 3 we will delve into the Continuous fluid management on the ward/EMU, which will be divided into two topics:
Topic 1. Development of an interactive clinical case on sepsis pathways to be used in the webinars and/or to compliment trainings
Topic 2. From ED to general wards: Initial triage; assessment of the patients; sepsis screening tools? Initial screening with an EW score. If Sepsis, initial treatment: fluid perfusion, vasopressor, with Cardiac Output monitoring
Each webinar will be delivered as 5 short talks with detailed discussion between each. All material will be freely available from the EUSEM webpages. The webinars will offer a clear, concise framework to assist you deliver the highest quality care from a wide range of international experts.
The webinars will happen in April, May and June, but the final dates will be communicated at a later stage.
Emergency physicists, nurses, paramedics
At the conclusion of the curriculum, the learner will be able to :
- Screen for sepsis in ED
- Improve initial treatment of sepsis through Early Goal Directed Therapy in ED
- Identify and manage acute sepsis deterioration for patients going to the ward
- Develop staff communication and collaboration between the different departments
The couse will be offered for free
The course will be CME accredited
Our E-courses are supported with an unrestricted educational grant from Baxter Healthcare