EUSEM is proud to announce a series of 3 live webinars to cover the emergency and prehospital phases of sepsis care. Each 2 hour webinar will consist of a series of short, focused, evidence based talks delivered by experts with in depth discussion by attendees and expert panel.
- In webinar 1 we will focus on Screening for sepsis in ED (Scoring…)
- Webinar 2 will explore the Sepsis patient management in ED (Care pathway, fluid management…)
- Finally in webinar 3 we will delve into the Continuous fluid management on the ward/EMU, which will be divided into two topics:
Topic 1. Development of an interactive clinical case on sepsis pathways to be used in the webinars and/or to compliment trainings
Topic 2. From ED to general wards: Initial triage; assessment of the patients; sepsis screening tools? Initial screening with an EW score. If Sepsis, initial treatment: fluid perfusion, vasopressor, with Cardiac Output monitoring
Each webinar will be delivered as 3 short talks with detailed discussion between each. All material will be freely available from the EUSEM webpages. The webinars will offer a clear, concise framework to assist you deliver the highest quality care from a wide range of international experts.
The course will have MCQ questionnaire in the end.
Webinar 1: 6 April, 15:30 CET
Webinar 2: 4 May, 15:30 CET
Webinar 3: 1 June, 15:30 CET
Emergency physicists, nurses, paramedics
At the conclusion of the curriculum, the learner will be able to :
- Screen and risk assess sepsis in the prehospital and emergency arenas
- Understand the basic pathophysiology of sepsis
- Identify the most appropriate antibiotic an devaluate the best route of administration and and the correct dosing
- Understand how to assess fluid and inopressor requirements, understand changes in resuscitation practice
- Understand the ongoing therapies provided by intensive care units
- Understand how point of care ultrasound can be used as a diagnostic aid and resuscitation guide
The couse will be offered for free
We are applying for CME accreditation
You can register directly on the EUSEM Academy platform through THIS LINK. You register for the full course, so for all 3 webinars in one go.
Our E-courses are supported with an unrestricted educational grant from Baxter Healthcare