Paediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) links the specialties of Paediatrics and Emergency Medicine. In Europe, PEM is still regarded as a new medical profession. The EUSEM PEM Section was established in October 2006 with the goal of encouraging physicians who are practicing Emergency Pediatrics to join EUSEM and to be involved in its clinical, educational, and research activities.
To promote and facilitate the dissemination of knowledge and quality of care in PEM in Europe through meetings, courses, research, publications, policy statements, and by producing clinical guidelines and other activities.
- To advocate for children and emergency care
- To promote international collaboration between physicians who practice PEM and the various European Paediatric Emergency societies
- To enhance the relationship between adult and paediatric EM
- To encourage physicians who practice PEM to participate in EUSEM activities
- To be fully responsible for the academic programme of the paediatric sessions in the annual EUSEM meetings/congresses
- To initiate educational activities in PEM through courses, projects, and various clinical activities.
If you want to be involved we recommend you to become a EUSEM member.
For further information and to express interest in joining the PEM Section, please contact the Section Chair:
Dr Itai Shavit
Chair: Itai Shavit (Israel)
List of Chairs
Zsolt Bognar, Hungary, 2021-2023
Luigi Titomanlio, France, 2019-2021
Niccolò Parri, Italy 2017-2019
Ian Maconochie, UK 2014-2017
Javier Benito Fernandez, Spain 2012-2014
Yehezkel Waisman, Israel 2006-2012