EUSEM is celebrating it's 25th anniversary this year. This picture was taken at the Congress in October 2019 with the president and all former presidents of EUSEM.
The European Society for Emergency Medicine (EUSEM INPO) is a non-profit scientific organisation whose aim is to promote and foster the concept, philosophy and the art of emergency medicine throughout Europe. The ultimate objective of the Society is to help and support European nations to achieve the specialty of emergency medicine. Born as a society of individuals in 1994 from a multidisciplinary group of experts in emergency medicine, since 2005 EUSEM also incorporates a Federation which currently includes 36 European national societies of emergency medicine.
Our mission is to:
Advance research, education, practice and standards of the specialty of emergency medicine throughout Europe.
Our goals are:
- To foster and encourage education, training and research in Emergency Medicine in Europe
- To promote and facilitate the dissemination of information on Emergency Medicine, through meetings, courses, research and publications
- To encourage the development of uniform information systems and data banks in Emergency Medicine in Europe
- To encourage the formation and the cooperation between national associations for Emergency Medicine
- To promote international collaboration in the field of Emergency Medicine