Pre-hospital emergency care is an integral part of emergency medicine and is extremely important as a first link in the chain of survival.
It should be available for all European citizens without any administrative or other barriers.
Pre-hospital emergency care demands specific scope of knowledge and skills from providers based on excellent knowledge and experience from work in Emergency Deaprtments as a clinical base of EM.
Despite different approaches within European countries the EUSEM Pre-hospital Section would like to develop pre-hospital emegency care and ensure the highest quality of performance all over Europe.
Our main goals are:
- to discuss standards of management of medical conditions, diseases and traumas in the field
- to improve quality of providing care including communication, team leadership and ethical considerations specific for pre-hospital care
- to improve mutual knowledge of different systems of providing pre-hospital care and discuss their advantages, drawbacks, effectivity and safety for the patiens and communities
- to develop specific education and training of providers of different levels including physicians
- to impelement pre-hospital topics into European EM examination
- to develop research in the pre-hospital field
- to join the preventive campaigns towards public themes, including teaching first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, trauma prevention and others
- to share knowledge between European countries
- To encourage physicians who practice PEM to participate in EUSEM activities.
- To be fully responsible for the academic programme of the paediatric sessions in the annual EUSEM meetings/congresses.
- To initiate educational activities in PEM through courses, projects and various clinical activities.
Recent section news
Message to all Pre-Hospital Section Members
Dear members of Pre-hospital section,
It is my pleasure to announce the results of elections for Chair and Co-chair of the section.
Professor Diana Carmen Cimpoesu from Romania was elected as Chair for the period of the next three years and Dr. Eric Revue from France was elected as Co-chair.
I would like to congratulate both colleagues and I also thank all section members, both current and previous, for their commitment to the development of European emergency medicine.
The Pre-hospital section had made a great progress in recent years. We all have prepared many interesting and well evaluated scientific sessions during annual EUSEM congresses and together with other activities we contributed to the fact that pre-hospital care is viewed as an important part of the specialty.
I would like to thank You all for co-operation since 2012 when I became the section chair and I hope we will continue the work we started as the future is really challenging.
I wish Diana and Eric much success in their work in favour of pre-hospital care and emergency medicine!
Jana Šeblová, MD, PhD
Revue, Eric (Co-Chair)
Hogan, Barbara (ex-officio, EUSEM Past-President)
Cimpoesu, Diana (Chair)