The EUSEM Research Committee aims to create a network of research centres which will have a core workforce able to produce research projects that meet the expectations of EU agencies.
The following initiatives are recommended:
- An annual research project decided upon at the annual EUSEM congress and completed within one or two years.
- A funding proposal for the projects should be submitted to national and European research agencies and companies in order to finance the project.
Ideal topics for the EUSEM research programme should be questions of high priority and clinical interest for Emergency Medicine which will benefit from designs using multicentre studies with a great variety of participating centres and large patient numbers.
Some possible research topics for discussion:
- Severe trauma registries
- Cardiac arrest registries
- Benchmark methodology in the ED and EMS
- Syncope registry
- Use of clinical scores at EU level
- Multicentre clinical questions of importance that need simple interventions, but large numbers:
- Should we use oxygen with bag-valve mask ventilation in cardiac arrest pre-hospital?
- Optimal analgesic use for common problems (chest pain, musculoskeletal pain, etc.)?
- Optimal timing of antibiotics in sepsis
- Optimal type and volume of fluids for rehydration of gastroenteritis
- Optimal type and volume of fluids for sepsis
For any questions please contact:
Research Committee Chair, Said Laribi firstname.lastname@example.org