Belgium, Antwerp - University Hospital
For this fellowship, we can provide a very interesting clinical fellowship for 3-6 months.
Name of the hosting institute
Emergency Medicine Department
Antwerp University Hospital
Type of fellowship
Dutch - English
Duration of fellowship
Long term, 3-6 months
For this fellowship, we can provide a very interesting clinical fellowship for 3-6 months. Trainees will work as emergency physician registrar, but with a specific focus on trauma management at the emergency department, but you will also provide follow-up and further coordination of care for those patients.
You also will do non-clinical follow-up on trauma care related quality indicators and coordinate an improvement project if the applicant is interested to do so.
For this fellowship, we can provide a very interesting clinical fellowship for 3-6 months where trainees can focus on:
- Acute management of major trauma in the emergency department (ETC structured approach)
- Clinical follow-up of all major trauma patients in the clinical care program throughout their intensive care and surgical ward hospitalization
- Organization of M&M meetings, follow-up on multidisciplinary staff meetings, clinical grand rounds
- Providing insight in traumanetwork formation
- Providing insight in quality management on the targeted trauma population
- Improvement project on trauma care related quality indicators
- If candidates are interested, for the short period, research opportunities exist
Research projects currently active
Year of training of the applicants
At least residents in the 3th year of training.
As Dutch is our native language, the applicant has to have some basic knowledge of the Dutch language, as all procedures and documents are provided in Dutch.
The fellowship can be provided on the floor in English.
European Trauma Course (or ATLS certification) and level 1 /basic Emergency Ultrasound skills are recommended but not mandatory.
Level of insurance provided
professional liability insurance provided by the hospital