- Paolo Groff, Italy
- Patrick Plaisance, France
- Roberta Marino, Italy
- Rodolfo Ferrari, Italy
- Erwan L’Her, France
- Nicolas Peschansky, France
The course is designed for 25 participants (EM residents and physicians).
- Understand pathophysiology of acute respiratory failure and the effects of
Non-Invasive respiratory support in COVID19 and non-COVID19 acute
- Understand indications and contraindications of the various methods.
- Apply problem-solving to manage ventilators troubleshooting.
- Understand pros and cons of Non-Invasive respiratory support in COVID19 patients.
This is highly interactive hybrid course split in 2 parts:
- One is online before the pre-course (asynchronous learning)
- The second one is the hands-on sessions that will be held at the Congress, and will be split in:
2a. A morning session 2b. An afternoon session
- Online (pre-course lectures, asynchronous learning)
Six brief pre-course lectures will give you the crucial concepts on Non-Invasive Respiratory Support. They can be accessed before the on-site pre-course whenever you want (asynchronous learning)
- Hands-on, during the Congress 2a (morning)
These are training sessions on 4 O2 devices/ventilators stations. All participants rotate to bring you cuting edge information on all Non-Invasive respiratory support, pros and cons, caveats, with a focus on most common cases and a speciﬁc session on COVID19 pneumonia management.
For each indication, a hands on session will be run on a diﬀerent O2 devices, CPAP systems and ventilators stations with cognitive simulation of clinical scenarios.
2b. Hands-on, during the Congress (afternoon)
These are training sessions on 4 O2 devices/ventilators stations. All participants will be involved to take part in case simulation and clinical decision making on all Non-Invasive respiratory support, pros and cons, caveats, with a focus on most common cases and 2 speciﬁc sessions on COVID19.
Wednesday 27 October