The section aims to be truly representative of the scope of Emergency Medicine and more specifically Emergency Ultrasound as practiced in the European Emergency Medicine Community.
All EUSEM members are welcome to become part of the Section.
Over the next two years the Section’s remit will be to:
1) Develop a European Curriculum for Emergency Ultrasound
2) Provide a forum for discussion of Emergency Ultrasound in Europe
3) Develop and deliver a specific Basic EUSEM Ultrasound Course
4) Develop specific shorter courses that are of value in EM
5) Develop a Finishing School
6) Increase links with all groups involved in Emergency Ultrasound with the ultimate vision of achieving a unified international training process.
7) Develop Ultrasound-based material for the European Exam
8) Assist in the development of US training in countries that as yet do not have structures in place to deliver such training
9) Promote and co-ordinate research throughout Europe in Emergency Ultrasound
The Ultrasound Section will work within the regulations and byelaws of EUSEM. It will send an annual report to the EUSEM Council as well as a plan of activity for the following year.