EUSEM Young Doctors fellowship on non-invasive ventilation
We invited EM trainees and young EM specialists from across Europe to apply as a candidate for our EUSEM Young Doctors 2 week fellowship in non-invasive ventilation. During these 2 weeks the participants got profound teaching in non-invasive ventilation through high-quality theoretical sessions and live teaching on emergency department patients.
It took place in 2016 at Andrea Hospital Vercelli, Italy, under the auspices of prof. dr. Roberta Petrino, president-elect of EUSEM.
2 participants had been chosen after a selection process.
Candidates were eligible for our programme when they were:
- Active EUSEM member
- Trainee in Europe
- Trainee in EM (or proven strong interest, eg. for countries where no specialty exist) < 35yr old, or young EM specialist and < 35yr old
- Applicants can’t participate in a country where they live (once more then 1 country is available in our fellowship programme)
- Participants can’t apply again if successfully selected
Candidates were selected on the base of the following selection criteria:
- Motivation letter
- Committed to teaching peers (proven by previous projects)
- Successfully passed EBEEM part A, or part A and B
- Recommendation letter
- Proof of English (TOEFL, IETLS, FCE)
- Overall appraisal
Points have been given for each item. The selection committee was composed of high-profile EUSEM committee members.
Travel and accommodation were sponsored.
We are delighted to announce that Dr Heather Wieman from Norway and Dr Dalip Kumar from the UK have been awarded Fellowships in non-invasive ventilation. Read full details here
You can now read the report about the EUSEM Young Doctors fellowship on non-invasive ventilation, written by Dr Heather Wieman here and the report of Dalip Kumar here.